Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
With the confirmation of the remains in the car part as being those of Richard III, there were various proposals as to where he should be buried.
- Westminster Cathedral was officially ruled out.
- Leicester Cathedral - on the grounds that it was only a short distance from where he was found.
- York Cathedral - as he was of the House of York: the Plantagenet Alliance is of this opinion.
- Middleham - where he grew up
- A Catholic place of worship.
After a legal challenge it was decided that Leicester Cathedral was the appropriate place for his reburial.
More information here .